9.10.2010

...showing our thanks...

I (rachel) am very lucky to work for a company that allows it's employees to take time out of the work day and volunteer in their community. Today I joined 15 fellow co-workers at Packages from Home, as a way to remember September 11th and thank those who are fighting for us in the middle east. Packages from Home is an organization that sends care packages of simple life luxuries such as beef jerky, jelly, peanuts, etc. to troops currently active in the war overseas. Giving up just a few hours of my time was honestly the least I could do, and it made just as much of an impact on me as it will on the troops receiving these packages. If you want to learn more about Packages from Home or how you can contribute to this worthy cause, click here.

Here are a few photos from the day...

[stuffing the packages]
[a place for everything, and everything in it's place]
[the fruits of our labor]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com