12.13.2010

...grief...

Today I am saddened to say that one of my closest girlfriends and her family is going through tremendous grief. They lost someone very close to them, and this person's absence will be felt by the family forever. Although I'm not going to divulge details as this isn't my story to tell, this news has made me reflect a lot on life and loss. Everyone deals with grief differently, and I think no matter what, the most important thing is to know your friends and family are here for you, when your ready.

Whenever one is faced with or hears the news of an unfortunate loss, it makes you reflect on your life and what truly matters. Lately, I have found myself in somewhat of a funk, focusing on the negative and not appreciating what truly matters. I stumbled upon this quote the other day and thought it was perfectly written and truly puts things in perspective. Tonight, close the computer, turn off the tv and enjoy your loved one's and reflect on how lucky you truly are. Nothing is more important than this day.

xoxo,

R+M

2 comments:

Randikinns said...

This quote is perfection at it's finest... FABULOUS find, thank you! :) ~ Randi <3

Rachel + Mikis said...

Ah thanks Rand! It something I need to remind myself often, but epitomizes what truly is important in life!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com