11.24.2010

...feeling thankful...

Thanksgiving is always a great time to reflect on the past year, and life in general and to feel appreciation for everything you have. It's a time to realize how lucky you truly are, and to appreciate the positives and disregard the negatives. Mikis and I have alot to be thankful for, and while sitting here writing my thankful list, I realized why do we only think about this every year, why not every month? So, moving forward each month we will feature a new list of what we are thankful for.

For now, here is a shortened list of what I am thankful for...
  • Mikis: I couldn't ask for a more supportive and loving husband. He makes me laugh and inspires me to believe in my dreams and make them reality.
  • My Dad: The older I get, the more I love and appreciate my dad. He is there no matter what! He is someone I can vent to, or to call for car advice. My dad is the all around “cool” dad, and a person who is hard not to like. Everyday I am thankful to have him as my dad.
  • My Step-Mom: My step-mom has been in my life for 15+ years and has always treated me as her own. She is an amazing cook, a great friend and mom. She has been there for me when I needed her the most and there is not a day that goes by that I am not appreciative of that.
  • My In-Law’s: I couldn’t have asked for more loving or welcoming in-law’s. Since day one, they have treated me as a Troyan, and have been even more welcoming now that I am one. They have such a warm friendly nature, now wonder why they have so many close friends!
  • My Brothers: I don’t know what I would do without my brothers. These two have been through more than most humans would endure in one lifetime, and they have come out to be the coolest most positive kids around. They have a passion for life and everyday they stay with us, they show me what type of parent I want to be.
  • My Sister: My sister is still growing into her own and it’s amazing to see the young lady that she is becoming. She has a passion for photography and is a tech whiz, and is there for whenever I need some helpful tips.
  • Milo: Even though he can be mischievous at times, his cute face can make your heart melt. He keeps you warm when your cold, and makes me feel safe on nights the hubby is away.
  • My Friends: I am SO thankful for the many incredible friendships I have been blessed with. I am thankful for the close relationships and sweet memories I have with my college girlfriends and old roommates, and I am also thankful of the new friends and bonds I have been able to make since they have moved away. I truly would be lost without any of my girlfriends.
  • My Family: Even though we are spread throughout the U.S. I still have a close bond with my family, and am so thankful for that. Each celebration is sweeter with them there, and each loss is easier with them by your side. I couldn’t ask for a better set of grandmother's, aunt’s, uncles, and cousins.
This is just the beginning of a long list of what I am thankful for, but the most important things in my opinion. Take this time to reflect on what your thankful for. It’s guaranteed to give you a happiness boost!

I hope your Thanksgiving is full of great food, great family and all around love!

[happy thanksgiving from the troyan's]

xoxo,

R+M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com