11.26.2010

...thanksgiving celebrations...

Thanksgiving has taken on many different look's throughout the years. My first memories were of us bundling up and heading to my grandparent's house in Colorado and piling into the breakfast nook in the kitchen and feasting with my cousins. As I got older and after we moved to Arizona, the holiday's would alternate each year, with some years being celebrated at home and other's with trips back to visit the fam. Either way, Thanksgiving meant celebrating with the whole family, and noshing on Grandma's delicious Maybouillon Rolls.

As I have gotten older, and started working in the retail industry, as mentioned here, Thanksgiving has taken on a different look. Since part of my job is to report to the center at 4a.m. on Black Friday, I am no longer able to go to Colorado and celebrate with the Stevenson's. Although at times this makes me "home sick", it also has given me the opportunity to celebrate with Mikis and his family. Mikis's Thanksgiving memories have been celebrating with some of his parent's closest friends, who to them have become family. Everyone arrives at the Gordon's home with side in hand and knows their in store for an afternoon of delicious food and catching up with old friend's. It's a tradition that I thankfully have been apart of for the last few years.

This year, Thanksgiving was a culmination of both of our tradition's. For our first Thanksgiving as a married couple, we held the holiday at our home. We hosted 21 people including our parent's, grandmother's, my siblings, close family friends, and family from Colorado. Thankfully, my dad and step-mom are GREAT cooks and they did the bulk of the cooking. We had a TON of food including two turkey's, one fried and one baked, and ham as well as over 8 sides. It was one of the best Thanksgiving's we've had. We had family and friends surrounding us, and it was a day filled with great food, great company and love. 

Here are a few photos from the day...



[my step-mom and her apron]
 
[the stevenson-troyan clan]
[pooped from the day]
xoxo,

R+M



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah, milo is the best part. xoxo

Rachel + Mikis said...

Yep, he was done.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com