1.01.2011

...for the love of change...

Normally I never set resolutions for the new year, because I know I won’t keep them. Well, 2011 is different. It’s a year full of hope and uncertainty for me, and one I am truly excited to start. So with that said I have decided to set a list of resolutions I hope to stick by throughout 2011, here are just a few…
-Get Organized- although I call my life organized chaos, I truly want it to just be organized. So in 2011 I hope to organize both my personal and professional life. With that I also plan to de-clutter my closet, beauty products, and anything else that is overfull and unused. This is one resolution I know Mikis can't wait for me to work on.
-Be Positive- generally I am a pretty positive person, but the last few months I have been sort of in a funk and well, I need to get out of it. I am going to push myself, funk or not, to constantly look on the bright side, and disregard negative thoughts and frustrations.
-Spend more time with girlfriends- although I pride myself on my great girlfriend relationships, I could always make more time for get-togethers or even hour long phone dates. In 2011 I hope to reconnect with all my girlfriends on a monthly basis.
-Get Healthy- let’s just say my willpower when it comes to working out or staying away from junk food is slim to none. In 2011 I hope to work out at least twice a week (baby steps), and eat a healthier diet.
-Go to more concerts- Mikis and I LOVE music, and we used to go to concerts on the regular. Lately our concert schedule has been pretty empty, in 2011 I hope we make our hobbies and interests a priority and get out more and enjoy the music.
-Go on more vacations- We love to travel, who doesn't? In 2011 I hope we make more plans for travel within and out of the U.S. This is our prime time to see as many sights as possible, before we have to "settle down" and start a family. As much as we like to travel alone, I hope we plan more trips with friends as well. Friends help make trips a bit sweeter and add to the memories.
I am sure this list will grow more and more as I remember things I would like to work on or change. If I even do a little bit of each of these I will be happy. Remember change is always a positive, if we all stayed stagnant where would we be in life? What are your resolutions for 2011?

[happy new year!]



xoxo,
R+M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com