1.05.2011

...awe and wonder...

When I went through my Confirmation during Highschool, I was asked to carry the banner for Awe and Wonder, which is one of the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit. I was extremely flattered and honored to be asked to carry such a banner, as it made me feel that my love for life and unfathomable interest in the world was quite apparent. As the feeling and reflection of awe and wonder can dissipate the older one gets and it becomes so easy to forget to appreciate the little things in life, I was happy to find myself swooning and memorized by this sunset on my way home from work tonight. 


This sunset came after a long day with many unexpected twists. It truly reminds me, if you stop and smell the roses or appreciate the small things it life, it's god's way of saying everything will be ok. 


xoxo,
R

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com